Filmmaker Alex Holder’s highly-anticipated documentary featuring the Trump family during the 2020 election— including footage subpoenaed by the January 6 committee investigating the insurrection—will premiere on Discovery+ next week, the streaming service announced Wednesday, before the committee holds its next hearing.
Unprecedented, a three-part series, airs Sunday on Discovery+, and the next January 6 committee hearing is scheduled for Tuesday.
A clip of the documentary released Wednesday showed key Trump administration figures, including the former president, Ivanka Trump, former Vice President Mike Pence, Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Eric Trump sitting down for interviews, as well as interviews with prominent journalists, and footage of some of Trump’s rallies—including the one held the morning of the insurrection.
The clip ends with someone asking Trump in an interview if he can discuss the events on January 6, to which he replies “yep.”
Footage from the documentary was expected to be shown during the public hearings in June.
Holder, a British documentarian, testified before the committee last month. Roughly 11 hours of footage was subpoenaed by the committee, which Holder turned over to them. Holder interviewed Trump three times for the film, including once directly after the insurrection, a source told the New York Times. In a statement after his work was subpoenaed, Holder said the three-part documentary contains “never before-seen” footage of the insurrection and “unparalleled access” to the Trump family and administration in the last weeks of the campaign, after the election and before and after the attack on the Capitol. The documentarian told Deadline his footage of the insurrection is likely “the clearest version of that day that has been seen.” Holder tweeted that the Trumps “did not have editorial control” over his film.