Chelsea news: Matthijs de Ligt transfer boost as Thomas Tuchel is sent transfer warning

The new regime is beginning to take shape for Chelsea off the field, so it can’t be long until new faces come in on the pitch too.

Blues director Marina Granovskaia will leave the club after the summer window, while new co-owner Todd Boehly is taking a hands-on role in regards to recruitment. Fans will naturally be intrigued to see how that dynamic works in the coming months.

All signs point towards a busy transfer market for the duo, along with manager Thomas Tuchel, both in terms of outgoing and incoming players.

Mirror Sport has all of your latest Chelsea news.

What defender should the Blues target in order to fill the void left by Antonio Rudiger? Let us know in the comments section below!

De Ligt eyeing Premier League move

Reported Chelsea target Matthijs de Ligt is said to be ready to leave Juventus in order to play Premier League football.

After emerging at Ajax as a teenager, the Dutchman earned a lucrative move to to the Italian giants. However, since the switch he has yet to enjoy a run of significant consistency for the Bianconeri and transfer rumours have simmered as a result.

Juventus are said to want to extend his contract nevertheless. But with two years left on his deal, De Ligt is reportedly considering his options.

The Blues – who need to find a replacement for Antonio Rudiger – and Manchester United have previously been credited with an interest in the 22-year-old. His current release clause at Juventus is said to stand at £98.8 million.

Read the story in full HERE.

Tuchel receives blunt transfer warning

Former England forward Paul Merson believes Chelsea need to show more urgency in their efforts to bring in a centre-forward.

Having moved to the Blues last summer in a club-record deal, Romelu Lukaku is poised to return to Inter Milan on loan. It means Chelsea will likely need to find another goalscorer before the Premier League campaign begins, especially if they are serious about competing with the likes of Manchester City and Liverpool.

While the clubs have yet to return to pre-season training, Merson thinks time is of the essence for the London outfit.

“Kai Havertz is a number 10 for me,” he said. “Not a centre forward. I look at him as a Dennis Bergkamp kind of player. He doesn’t need the ball with his back to goal. He’s too good for that.

“He needs the ball facing towards goal and he will make things happen. So Chelsea need to sign a striker or it’s third again for them. If they sign a top quality striker to replace Lukaku I think they are bang up there with Manchester City and Liverpool. Without one, they are just a bit short.”

Read the story in full HERE.






LONDON, ENGLAND – MAY 19: Romelu Lukaku of Chelsea reacts after missing a chance during the Premier League match between Chelsea and Leicester City at Stamford Bridge on May 19, 2022 in London, England. (Photo by Clive Rose/Getty Images)

Kepa in no rush to move on

Chelsea goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga has said he is in no rush to leave the club, that despite the Blues being ready to listen to offers for him.

The Spain international became the most expensive goalkeeper in history when Chelsea signed him from Athletic Club in 2018 for around £75 million. However, he has endured a torrid time at Stamford Bridge, falling behind Edouard Mendy in the pecking order.

Given he has been relegated to goalkeeping deputy, it would only be natural for the 27-year-old to consider a move. Kepa concedes that may yet be on the cards, although said he was also content with his current surroundings.

“Right now I am a Chelsea player, but what I am clear about is that I want to play more, because I come from a year or two where, when I have played, I have had a great performance,” he said.

“…I am not desperate. In the end, I’m at a great club… I’ll talk to the coach and we’ll decide, but with the clear message that I want to play more.”

Read the story in full HERE.

Read More

Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.