The sense around Tottenham since Antonio Conte came to the club is that there is a determination to achieve things quickly.
Not only does the Italian coach typically only stay at a club for a couple of seasons – during which time he tends to win silverware – but at Spurs the club’s two main attacking assets are coming into the prime years of their career.
Harry Kane is still around and seemingly content to stay, that despite last summer’s transfer saga. Additionally, Son Heung-min recently turned 30 and is clearly in the peak years of his career. Conte will be keen to tap into both world-class stars and what could be their best seasons as professionals.
Mirror Sport has the latest Tottenham news.
Can Son better his goalscoring haul from last season? Let us know in the comments section below!
Son sliding doors moment
Son turned 30 on Friday and Spurs fans around the globe naturally joined in the celebrations for their South Korean star. However, things may have turned out so differently for the player and Spurs.
Back in 2015 when Tottenham signed the forward, they were initially targeting Saido Berahino, who has just come off a 14-goal season in the Premier League with West Bromwich Albion. However, a deal didn’t materialise and they turned to the then Bayer Leverkusen winger.
Before Leverkusen, Son played alongside former Tottenham favourite Rafael van der Vaart at Hamburg. Even at that early stage in his career, the Dutchman could see how talented the youngster was.
“He was like a little boy at the time, barely out of his teens,” Van der Vaart said last year. “I saw straight away that I need to play with him because I thought that us as a combination we could win some games. And that’s what we did.”
Read the story in full HERE
Gallas makes Spurs prediction
Former Tottenham Hotspur defender William Gallas has backed his former side to make a big impression in the Premier League this season.
Gallas played for Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal during an impressive Premier League career. The Frenchman won over sceptics after signing for Tottenham from the Gunners in 2010, although he eventually earned a new deal and stayed with the club for three years.
When asked for his top four prediction, the former defender said he expects Spurs to be in contention.
“I don’t want to, but I have to put City because they look like they are going to be very strong,” he said. “So City, Chelsea, Liverpool definitely. Then the same problem, Arsenal or Tottenham, I don’t know.”
He added: “I think they can cause trouble to the big clubs. They will cause problems as they will be very strong this season, especially with the mentality of Antonio Conte.”
Read the story in full HERE.
Lenglet deal done
Tottenham have completed the signing of Clement Lenglet on loan from Barcelona.
The France international has fell down the pecking order at the Camp Nou in recent years and has played with a lack of confidence when called upon. He’ll be hoping working under Conte can help rediscover the form that made him such a sought-after player during his Sevilla days.
Tottenham look poised to play a three-man defence under Conte. Being left-sided, Lenglet will bring key balance to the trio of centre-backs and provide an experienced alternative to Ben Davies.
Read the story in full HERE